Who we are, what we do and why we do it!
We are a global digital marketing service provider who specializes in affiliate marketing & publishing. We are digital natives, data obsessed and focused on measurable outcomes. We are proud of our people and we have some of the most talented individuals you’ll ever meet working with us. Our values are at the heart of all decisions we make, from business goals to people initiatives and they have helped us to develop a world class team of experts, we are proud off. We’ve grown considerably in the past months and continually focus on growth via our global talent – you would be joining us at the most exciting time in our history.
Your new role:
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a key member of the DevOps team for our Publishing division and is responsible for the administration of the cloud native ecosystem that powers our publishing platforms: including the design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, security and maintenance required to meet the high availability SLAs our clients expect.
You are an individual who has a technical mind and has a passion for delivering solutions in the ever-changing world of technology. The Senior DevOps Engineer will help to guide and mentor team members in their day-to-day tasks. You will also support the Team Lead in planning, technical decisions, and collaborating with teams we support to develop new insights that could further enhance our platform.
What you will be working on:
- Guide the DevOps Team through the definition and execution of distributed solutions on top of Kubernetes to achieve our goal of 99.9% availability for our clients;
- Design and work on the implementation of our custom, cloud native, PaaS solution with the goal of providing the best user experience to the Development and QA teams;
- Use GitOps best practices to achieve continuous deployment on a global scale;
- Contribute to the architecture of our automated build and deployment systems;
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal system assets;
- Stay abreast of changes to current technology and how it could improve processes;
- Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to validate and develop new insights;
- Work closely with external providers to troubleshoot system issues;
- Participate in On-call rotation for publishing platform.
What you will be bringing to your new role:
- University degree or diploma in related field and 5+ years previous DevOps experience;
- Have demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the cloud native space;
- Designed and implemented complex CI/CD solutions on Kubernetes in production;
- 2 years of experience working with Kubernetes in production;
- 3 years of experience working with containers in production;
- 3 years of experience working with Git;
- 1 year of experience working with Helm;
- Have experience with AWS, including CF, ELB, S3, EC2 and more;
- Expert analytical and data-driven decision-making skills;
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies;
- Comfortable leading projects from start to finish with minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
- Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following:
- 2 years of experience writing CM/CI/CD tools in Python or Go;
- Familiar with the GitOps paradigm;
- 1 year of experience working with Rancher in production;
- A strong understanding of CM and the CI/CD methodology;
- Familiar with writing complex bash scripts;
- Skilled experience working in a Linux environment;
- Have written custom Kubernetes operators;
- Experience writing Terraform modules for Openstack infrastructure.
What's in it for you!
- Equipment that you need to thrive in this role
- Our commitment to investing in you, through various career development opportunities and training
- State of the art offices and workspaces
- A competitive salary and a great work / life balance
- Private Health & Life insurance package
- Wellbeing Program including access to complimentary counselling and discounted gym membership
- Sabbatical - 6 weeks’ additional paid leave for every four years of employment
- Enjoy our new Medida coffee bar, work area and events space, where you will find complimentary coffee, tea, breakfast, soft drinks and snacks, available for you.
- Flexible working hours, tools and methodologies to stay connected
- Multiple team & companywide celebrations and team building activities throughout the year
- The opportunity to work within a diverse and supportive team, which currently represents over 20 languages.
Medida is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age or any other identifying factor.