Who we are, what we do and why we do it!
We are a global digital marketing service provider who specializes in affiliate marketing & publishing. We are digital natives, data obsessed and focused on measurable outcomes. We are proud of our people and we have some of the most talented individuals you’ll ever meet working with us. Our values are at the heart of all decisions we make, from business goals to people initiatives and they have helped us to develop a world class team of experts, we are proud off. We’ve grown considerably in the past months and continually focus on growth via our global talent – you would be joining us at the most exciting time in our history.
Your new role:
As Backend Team Lead, you guide multiple developers and multiple projects. You interface with all departments and stakeholders as you ensure the success of your projects and the development team as a whole. You are responsible for the success of your reports and achieve it by mentoring, challenging and supporting them.
You consider the impact of your decisions across multiple teams and connected systems, and proactively solve problems before they occur, while advancing strategic initiatives and company goals. You lead technical decision making, lead initiatives and meetings within the team and outside it, and motivate and empower your teammates and reports to achieve a higher level of performance. You may also lead a particular technology discipline area within the organization and are responsible for the quality and success of projects within that discipline.
As Backend Team Lead, you are responsible for the success of multiple projects which may consist of several team members across various disciplines.
What you'll be working on:
- Write efficient, readable, well-tested code to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems;
- Breakdown and prioritize tasks within projects and provide required direction to team members and reports to successfully meet deadlines;
- Provide consistent and ongoing leadership and support to reports and mentor reports to achieve career and long-term objectives;
- Communicate effectively within your team, with your manager, with other teams and with key company stakeholders;
- Review and provide feedback on the code of your teammates;
- Work with individuals and project teams to accurately estimate technical level of effort based on provided requirements;
- Participate in the hiring process and interviews, and provide clear and concise feedback on candidates;
- Prioritize tasks within projects and provide required direction to team members and reports to achieve project-level, department-level and company-level goals;
- Participate and provide valuable contributions in department-wide planning and initiatives;
- Mentor other developers to help them learn new technologies, languages or how to grow as developers;
- Onboard new hires to accelerate the learning process;
- Provide timely and thoughtful feedback, recognition and reviews to reports;
- Understand the side effects and trickledown impact, both current and future, of the changes and decisions you make;
- Identify large roadblocks, lead research and implementation of solutions in line with operational goals;
- Initiate, guide and build development workflow processes and documentation;
- Successfully and fairly delegate work to reports to ensure efficient and high-quality work;
- Effectively manage the concerns of your reports and facilitate resolutions in a timely manner;
- Lead a technology discipline area within the department and be responsible for its standardization and evolution (optional).
What you will be bringing to your new role:
- College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent;
- 5+ years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Programming experience with Python is preferred, with frameworks like Django, Flask, FastAPI;
- Strong design patterns knowledge: SOLID patterns, YAGNI, KISS, Clean Architecture, Domain Driven Design (DDD);
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attentive and responsive to the team and environment;
- Committed and dedicated to the work;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate work;
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and worker;
- Adaptable and persistent to achieve goals despite roadblocks and change;
- Collaborative leader keen to work in a team environment;
- Focused on improving the team to meet larger business objectives.
What's in it for you!
- Equipment that you need to thrive in this role
- Our commitment to investing in you, through various career development opportunities and training
- State of the art offices and workspaces
- A competitive salary and a great work / life balance
- Private Health & Life insurance package
- Wellbeing Program including access to complimentary counselling and discounted gym membership
- Sabbatical - 6 weeks’ additional paid leave for every four years of employment
- Enjoy our new Medida coffee bar, work area and events space, where you will find complimentary coffee, tea, breakfast, soft drinks and snacks, available for you.
- Flexible working hours, tools and methodologies to stay connected
- Multiple team & companywide celebrations and team building activities throughout the year
- The opportunity to work within a diverse and supportive team, which currently represents over 20 languages.
Medida is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age or any other identifying factor.